In 1991 Hydromobile was started as a hydraulic company importing hydraulic filters, mono block valves, and miniature power packs. The company was started as an alternative to the normal suppliers of the day with an idea that if you could supply quality alternative components at reasonable prices and have stock, it would be possible to survive in the industry.
After a very short time it became evident that the hydraulic industry in South Africa had been looking for an alternative to the standard run of the mill companies, as customers were not receiving good service on a daily basis, and suppliers generally did not carry stock at competitive prices. Hence a new era began in the industry.Within 4 years of starting out in the hydraulic industry, Hydromobile had secured the sole agencies for multiple global product ranges. At this point in time we were able to supply nearly all products required for simple hydraulic systems, and were developing very good relationships with existing hydraulic companies.
In 1995, Hydromobile opened a workshop to build and produce hydraulic power packs. Up until this time, the company had been supplying many miniature power packs to the lifting industry, and once again it was seen, that customers were begging for faster quotation times on hydraulic systems, and quicker turn around times on the manufacturing of power packs. For Hydromobile to succeed in this venture, we had to be different, and provide a fresh train of thought to the power pack manufacturing process.
This we duly did, and within 3 years of starting our workshops, we were proudly quoting, building and delivering power packs to customers before our opposition had even quoted them. Today there isn’t a project too big or too small which, Hydromobile will not tackle. With our technical staff and engineers we are able to ensure that our customers receive the correct power pack first time round, and in the event of our customers requiring a total turnkey package we are able to offer this service with all the necessary expertise, dedication and enthusiasm as demanded by the industry.
Over the last few years South Africa has experienced significant challenges with respect to economic growth, a declining manufacturing sector as well as global pressures stemming from depressed resource demands. We at Hydromobile have had to continue to be innovative in an increasingly competitive market, whilst end users in various industries operate under significant constrains. Today Hydromobile is proud to have sole (and some cases shared) agencies for the following multinational manufacturers:
- Akon directional control valves
- Aron proportional valves (part of Brevini group of companies)
- Askari electric motors
- Dinoil directional control valves (part of Bondioli & Pavesi group)
- Eurofuid manifolds and blocks
- Flucom cartridges
- FBN filtration and accessory products
- Hydrapp mini powerpacks (part of Brevini group of companies)
- Hydrocontrol directional control valves (part of the Interpump group of companies)
- Hystar complete range of hydraulic products (which includes but are not limited to: directional valves, modular valves, piston pumps, vane pumps)
- Lake monitors flow meters and measurement instrumentation
- Meta Hydraulics steering columns and steering orbitals
- Mintor accessory products
- Modul Hydraulik Weber mini powerpacks
- MTC accessory valves (part of the Interpump group of companies)
- RB Hydraulic filtration and accessory products
- Risen Machinery hydraulic air blast coolers
- SAIP hydraulic accumulators
- Samway hydraulic crimpers and related hose products
- Vivoil gear pumps, gear motors and flow dividers
- Yee Young Industrial chrome rod and honed cylinder barrel
- Zhenjiang hydraulic motors, steering orbitals and accessory valves
Although the future will always remain unpredictable, we at Hydromobile will always strive to be a step ahead of the industry to provide our customers with a level of service which will be unmatched by any of our rivals.
Nobody has ever found a substitute for a customer!